The Herman Trend Alert|
November 2, 1999
College Students Will Return to 4-Year Completion
59 days until January 1, 2000
431 days until January 1, 2001
Lately, more students have required four and a half to five years (and sometimes longer) to earn their undergraduate degrees. Crowded and closed college and university courses frustrate the completion of college degrees in four years.
With the advent of distance learning opportunities, we predict that's going to change... and very soon. The origin of this trend will not be found, however, in the huge state schools--where the problem is most critical.
Community colleges have taken the lead by offering distance learning opportunities, specifically classes over Internet. These course offerings offer four major benefits to students:
- These Internet courses allow students access to credit courses they were previously shut out of.
- They give students the chance to manage their time better and, in many cases, eliminate Monday and/or Friday classes.
- Students save transportation time and money, because they can "attend" the courses from their homes or offices.
- Additional courses not offered during the day, like those leading towards certifications, are now available to them over the Internet.
Although the community colleges are pioneering these efforts, the larger state and private colleges and universities will soon follow suit. For the schools, there are obvious benefits as well:
- The schools earn more revenue from a greater number of course offerings.
- Their students appreciate the opportunities to manage their time better and save commuting time and money, not to mention being able to graduate in four years.
- With the certification courses, schools have an additional platform on which to reach out and connect with local corporations.
- Schools can expand their base of students to include the disabled and home bound.
- They enhance their reputations in their communities and regions as centers for training and higher education.
As new technologies, like streaming video, add to the value and effectiveness of distance learning, all colleges and universities will come to capitalize on these new ways to help students learn.
Corporations and entrepreneurial training companies are moving aggressively into the field of distance learning. Watch for exciting developments.
© Copyright 1998-
by The Herman Group, Inc. -- reproduction for publication is encouraged, with the following attribution: From "The Herman Trend Alert," by Joyce Gioia, Strategic Business Futurist. 336-210-3548 or https://hermangroup.com. To sign up, visit https://HermanTrendAlert.com. The Herman Trend Alert is a trademark of The Herman Group, Inc."
HOW DOES SHE DO IT?
Our author Joyce gets quoted in TIME Magazine and other national media on a regular basis. You can, too! Sign up for ExpertClick.com. You will be found by the news media and in Google search: 1. Through your personal search-engine-optimized press room by 39 topics you choose; 2. By news releases pushed out 10 ways including Google News; 3. Be found in the 2020 printed Yearbook of Experts, Authorities & Spokespersons. Save 15% when you register by October 31st @ http://www.ExpertClick.com/Discount.
APF'S FUTURES FESTIVAL IN 3 DAYS: ONLINE OCTOBER 24TH: FULL SPECTRUM FUTURES
The Association of Professional Futurists proudly presents its annual online learning experiences on Full Spectrum Futures. Network with leading futurists from all over the world. And best of all, it's free to attend, though contributions are encouraged to help defray costs. For more information, visit here.
OUR VERSATILE TRANSLATOR ROCKS!
Excellent translation services from English, French, or German into Spanish. Especially well-versed in medicine/pharma and automobile industries. 5-year Bachelor Degree in Translation. Also editing and proofreading of all kinds of Spanish language documents. Flexible rates, depending on number of words, degree of difficulty/technicality, and turnaround. For an instant quote email Mariana Campora Lesti at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on SKYPE at marianacampora.
To read this Herman Trend Alert on the web: https://hermangroup.com/alert/archive_10-21-2020.html.
Herman Trend Alerts are produced by the Herman Group, strategic business futurists, Certified Management Consultants, authors, and professional speakers.
New subscribers are always welcome. There is no charge for this public service. The Herman Trend Alert is read by over 30,000 people in 90 countries, including other websites and printed periodicals. Click here to sign up for the Herman Trend Alert.
Do you enjoy receiving this weekly e-mail update? Contact us about our co-branded Herman Trend Alert service.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe to weekly Herman Trend Alert
View this week's Herman Trend Alert
Archived Weekly Herman Trend Alerts