Code of Ethics
We adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Management Consultants as outlined below.
Our Commitment to My Clients
- We will serve our clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
- We will mutually establish with our clients realistic expectations of the benefits and results of our services.
- We will only accept assignments for which we possess the requisite experience and competence to perform and will only assign staff or engage colleagues with the knowledge and expertise needed to serve our clients effectively.
- Before accepting any engagement, We will ensure that we have worked with our clients to establish a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, work plan, and fee arrangements.
- We will treat appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge, take reasonable steps to prevent it from access by unauthorized people, and will not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information, either for use by ourselves, the client's firm, or another client, without the client's permission.
- We will avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of such and will immediately disclose to the client circumstances or interests that we believe may influence my judgment or objectivity.
- We will offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment when we believe our objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
- We will refrain from inviting an employee of an active or inactive client to consider alternative employment without prior discussion with the client.
Our Commitment to Fiscal Integrity
- We will agree in advance with a client on the basis for fees and expenses and will charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered and the responsibility accepted.
- We will not accept commissions, remuneration, or other benefits from a third party in connection with the recommendations to a client without that client's prior knowledge and consent, and will disclose in advance any financial interests in goods or services that form part of such recommendations.
Our Commitment to the Public and the Profession
- If within the scope of my engagement, I will report to appropriate authorities within or external to the client organization any occurrences of malfeasance, dangerous behavior, or illegal activities.
- I will respect the rights of consulting colleagues and consulting firms and will not use their proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- We will represent the profession with integrity and professionalism in our relations with our clients, colleagues, and the general public.
- We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner nor misrepresent or denigrate individual consulting practitioners, consulting firms, or the consulting profession.
- If we perceive a violation of the Code, we will report it to the Institute of Management Consultants USA and will promote adherence to the Code by other member consultants working on our behalf.