Larry Cole, Ph.D.
Larry specializes in values-based working relationships. Specifically, his expertise lies in assisting the management structure to integrate the values-based interpersonal skills that drive the success of the three working relationships (among members of a work unit, between the work unit leader and its members and between work units) that determines the financial success of the organization. In doing so, he implements a measuring system to quantify interpersonal performance as organizational leaders do to quantify the technical parameters of their business. Organizational research is a second specialty.
- Organizational Culture and Psychological Climate assessment
- Identifying (organizational) contextual factors that impact employees' attachments to organizations
- Cultural change to create a workplace environment to attract and retain talent
- Integrating values-based working relationships into the workplace
- Real-time behavior change measurements of working relationship and individual interpersonal performance
- Ph. D. in Psychology, University of Oklahoma
Relevant Previous Business Experience
Larry began his career teaching Psychology and conducting research in human learning at Arkansas Tech University. During this assignment, he started consulting with a comprehensive mental health center and ultimately served as its CEO for over a decade.
- U. S. Poultry & Egg Association, faculty. His work in the poultry industry led to the first two books published on the subject of grower relations in that industry.
- Veteran's Benefit Academy Leadership Institute, faculty
- University of Central Arkansas' Community Development Institute, faculty
- People-$mart Leaders: Maximize People, Performance & Profits, Oakhill Press, 2004
- Teamwork in Poultry Production: Improving Grower and Employee Interpersonal Skills, Blackwell Publishing, 2001
- Communication in Poultry Grower Relations: A Blueprint to Success, Blackwell Publishing, 2001
- Frustration Is Your Organization's Best Friend: Measuring Corporate Culture Change, Blackwell Publishing, 1996
- Over 50 articles on people interpersonal performance and organizational development.
- Currently writing, Enthusiasm From The Inside Out: The Five Behaviors That Can Change Your Life